EXTENDED DEADLINE/Open call for trainers to lead Water Academy organized in Spain, Italy, Greece
Water scarcity is a growing challenge in Southern Europe, and is expected to affect also other parts of Europe in just a few decades, in particularly if no action is undertaken. According to research shared by the EU Commission, Europe could cut its overall consumtion by up to 40 percent. The biggest opportunities to increase water efficiency lie in improving irrigation management, water recycling as well as repairing leaks in public supply networks. Sustainable water management is essential for several European key sectors such as tourism, agriculture, energy but also for the chemical, paper and food industries.
This is why four of EIT’s Innovation communities decided to join forces to collaborate in finding innovative solutions to water scarcity. This collaborative initiative is lead by EIT Food, cooperating with EIT Climate, EIT Food, EIT Manufacturing, EIT Raw Materials.
So far, the initiative has conducted a series of workshops with experts to idenfity the most urgent water scarcity challenges with dedicated „challenge labs“ to to look closer at some of innovative solutions for sustainable and efficient water management: http://eitmanufacturing.eu/activities/30-innovative-ideas-to-fight-water-scarcity/
Next step: Water Academy for stakeholders and general public
As a next step, the project will organise a an educational program gathering together a wide range of stakeholders incuding local decision-makers, authorities, local companies (in particular SMEs), industry, students, farmers and the general public, in order to get them to contribute and help them better understand the complexity of the ecosystem and the global trends.
We are now looking for five skilled workshop trainers to led the virtual Water Academy workshops locally in Greece (October 26) , Italy (November 5) , Spain (November 18). Basic requirements are general knowledge of any of the five sectors related to Water Scarcity (agriculture and food, climate, manufacturing, raw materials), paired with good communication, presentation and animation/teaching skills. Selected trainers should be proficient in at least one local language, i.e. Greek, Italian, Spanish.
The Water Academy consists of three sessions (General session in the morning from 9:00 am – 12:00 am; three parallell break-out sessions from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm; closing session from 3:30 to 4:00 pm). The general session will emphasize the importance of the change needed for the whole business ecosystem. For the afternoon sessions, the participants will be split into groups based on their sector of activity. For the closing session, trainers from all the break-out sessions will be available for all the stakeholders to ask additional questions.
Each applicant will receive a score based on the:
- Years of research /professional experience on Water Scarcity in Southern Europe (1 year of experience = 1 point)
- Teaching / lecturing experience (2 points)
- Scientific publication/ article on the topic related to Water Scarcity (each publication = 5 points, each article = 2 points)
- Water related innovation developed or introduced to the market (each solution = 5 points)
- Previous experience with being selected as an Expert for the EIT Water Scarcity related projects (1 point)
The preselection will be executed by the committee of the two EIT Manufacturing representatives based on the score acquired and the professional fee required (Professional fee / Score = Selection indicator). Evaluation will be done based on the lowest selection indicator and the strongest professional background in accordance with the policy of best value for money and budget availability.
Final selection with the Cross-KIC team (5 committee members) will be completed on August 10th, 2020.
Only the selected trainers will be notified by email on August 11th, 2020 and will be provided with the contract details.
Professional fee will cover the working time and preparation of:
- One online working session to align the final structure of the lecture
- Preparation of the training materials (PPT presentation in a local language must be provided minimum one week before the event), using the EIT branding and templates
- Lecture/ Lectures delivered (according to a contract)
- All the communication with the EIT representatives will be carried out in English.
- Contract will be provided in English.
- Trainers must have a stable internet connection during the Water Academy to provide a good quality of the video and audio transmission.
- In case of sudden unavailability, each trainer has to propose a stand-in who is able deliver the lecture in the same negotiated standard.
The application process will consist of 2 steps, both steps have to be completed the latest on August 7th, 2020:
- Send a CV to the following email addresses with the subject: Application for the Water Academy Trainer
- Fill in the application form available here.