You can apply to the EIT Manufacturing School directly here:
The EIT Manufacturing program aims at attracting & empowering top talent from its partner universities across Europe. The objective is to further empower young talent through mobility and other learning opportunities to become leading manufacturing innovators and entrepreneurs. EIT Manufacturing PhDs will be one of the main assets of the EIT Manufacturing innovation communities, spreading innovation and creating new businesses within the manufacturing ecosystem.
The EIT Manufacturing Doctoral training Program offers mobility, mentorship, networking, innovation & entrepreneurship, and business modules, to PhD students. EIT Manufacturing PhD graduates will generate start-ups or innovate within manufacturing companies and ecosystem, contributing to European competitiveness, environmental sustainability and to the creation of new quality jobs.
Close cooperation with the industry is key for the development of the EIT Manufacturing PhD candidates, and in bringing value and to the industry through innovation and/or new businesses.
- A PhD diploma (issued by the partner institutions)
- An EIT Label Certificate
- Follow one of the PhD programs provided by partner Universities (with the international mobility)
- Obtain at least 30 ECTS (750h) of I&E modules among a portfolio of network-wide activities, annual Winter and Summer Schools, and the Venture programme (see figure 1). Students can choose the appropriate combination to define a personalized I&E education and to be supported in becoming entrepreneurs.
- PhD students from EITM Doctoral School University partners, who wish to add entrepreneurial, innovation and business skills:
- Students who are fluent in English (English level evaluated by TOEIC, TOEFL …)
Scholarships may include mobility grant and fee waivers
Scholarships will be awarded based on ranking that considers:
- Academic grades
- Student from RIS Countries
- Research topic
Industrial companies can offer PhD positions (Industrial Doctorate), based on the EIT Manufacturing thematic areas, and in collaboration with the EITM Doctoral School university partners.
EIT Manufacturing industrial partners can get the PhD positions partially covered by the Doctoral School.
Industries can propose their PhD topic to the Doctoral School office all year round, contacting the Doctoral School Office at: DoctoralSchool@eitmanufacturing.eu.
The EITM Doctoral Scientific and Industrial Committee (EITM DSIC) will review the proposals and it will select the most relevant to be submitted to the students. Accepted Industrial Doctorate proposals will be published at the EITM Doctoral School and university partners websites, in order the students to be recruited.
Organizations/Individual experts that have not applied for or received partnership status are strongly encouraged to register to our experts area in Plaza. They will have the opportunity to participate to the Doctoral School annual programme as subcontractors according to the H2020/Horizon Europe and national legislation rules and other relevant local regulations.
In order to be considered for this education call, Innovation & Entrepreneurship and Education experts must fill the registration form at the following link: https://plaza.eitmanufacturing.eu/PROMISE/PRIVATE/FORMS/form.aspx?guid=5EB71D55-07D2-4278-9339-E135FEDEA9C5
Please note experts don’t need to have an account in PLAZA system.
Once completed the registration process, experts receive a notification e-mail by EIT Manufacturing, confirming the registration and including a link were to contact the EITM partners to discuss possible collaborations. Please note for Doctoral School calls we suggest to contact the EITM Doctoral School universities partners, listed above.
Candidates must apply to one of the partner universities first (see table above)
- Arts et Métiers Institute of Technology (Arts et Métiers)
- Czech Technical University of Prague (CTUP)
- Grenoble Institute of Technology and Management (G INP)
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (STUBA)
- Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP)
- University of Tartu – Institute of technology (TARTU)
The partner universities will evaluate the applicants according to their PhD internal requirements. Successful candidates can then apply to the open Industrial Doctorate positions of the EITM Doctoral School, where they will be selected with a competitive grading system.
As applicant you need to apply at EIT-M Doctoral School Portal providing:
- a copy of the curriculum vitae,
- a motivation letter which points out:
- The specific contributions within the field of manufacturing
- The interest/experience in innovation and entrepreneurship
- The activities the candidate would like to benefit within the doctoral school
- Documentation certifying the doctoral candidate enrolment + description of the thesis subject
- A support letter from the PhD supervisor, giving the authorisation to the PhD student to participate in all required activities, including international placements, training courses, annual conferences, in accordance to the requirements of the EIT manufacturing.
Applications are open all year round. You can apply here:
The EITM Doctoral Scientific and Industrial Committee (EITM DSIC) will review the application materials through a competitive selection process based on the scientific excellency and the academic qualification of the applicants. A waiting list will be organized among the applicants
Selected participants will be contacted by the EITM Doctoral School office to complete their enrolment. In case of withdrawal, candidates from the waiting list will be contacted in order to fill all available seats.
The Program is free of charge for candidates, having either an ongoing supported PhD or an EIT Manufacturing scholarship